Nov 11, 2009

korean fortunetelling






Cait_Sith’s diary..
What can say?….Oh my God, I can’t believe I did it…It was fun.
My fried and I went to Dongdaemun district…(If you don’t know about it, read the previous post)…As it turned out you don’t have to go to special houses to find fortune-tellers. There are plenty of them almost everywhere…Usually they sit in small tents right in front of the malls, waiting for another victim (just kidding).()()…. As my friend wrote before there are different kinds of fortune telling: Taro cards, palmistry etc. I experienced fortune telling based on the date of birth. In Korean it is called “sajupalja.” We picked the most nice-looking woman. I gotta say my first impression about her was “she must be vampire.” Probably it was just my intuition, but later on, I realized it did not trick me. Fortune-tellers are vampires. They do not suck your blood , but suck your money. The prophecy of the next year cost me 10.000W. May be it’s not that much, but for a poor student like me…..
Okey, First, the woman told me about my temper and disposition. She said I was a cold-tempered person who likes to hang out a lot. (Weird combination, isn’t it?) Then she said that I would probably switch my major in the following month….I WAS SHOCKED….That was so true. I was planning to change my major, I even prepared all the required documents. How did she know? That’s the mystery. Before this sentence I did not even really listen to her, but after it I pricked up my ears. The next thing I heard was “you eat well.” I thought she tried to insult me, hinting that I eat a lot (it’s actually true, but whatever…). My friend explained to me that in Korea the meaning of “eating well” is wealth and prosperity. The woman also said that my symbol was “Gold.” Therefore, in January and February I should try to find a part-time job, because I will get a good salary. Then in December I will probably find a new boyfriend, but I should be careful with my new relationships, cause in June and July we might quarrel a lot, and by the way I might get pregnant, because of it. (Seriously, I don’t know how to believe to this stuff) In March I will have no luck, so I will have to be cautious and check everything. I should not get married until I am 28, because after that I will not be able to make a lot of money (I “eat well” after all) That is all. The rest of what she told me is kind of boring. Should I trust this information? Who knows…..

Tip1.
The only way to truly enjoy fortune-telling is to have a good English-speaking Korean friend or to have good knowledge of Korean yourself. Otherwise, you will not be able to understand anything. Since it’s traditional Korean fortune-telling, people use lots of “hanja” (Chinese characters), so make sure you are not alone when experiencing it.

Tip2. Gosh, those fortune-tellers are no different from tricky salesmen. Mine asked whether I wanted to know more specific information about my new boyfriend. Of course, this service was not free. People! Don’t take the bait! Trust me 10.000W will be enough for your hair to stand on end from what you will hear.

Related posts
Read your palms to find your fate




2 comments:

Okibum said...

Can you believe I have been here three years and have not done this yet? I see them everywhere, but I am just too nervous. I think I will try it next time.

Cait_Sith said...

Try it and you will not regret

Post a Comment