Nov 11, 2009

Requests For Encores Forbidden_ Broccoli you too?

Today, I want to introdce a famouse korean band named 'Broccoli you too'. Yes, the name of this band is unusual. Not only the band name but also their lyrics are unusual. Let me take an example. It is no doubt that 'No calling for encore', the title track of their EP album, made them popular.

The speaker of this song is a girl who kicked her lover out. We have been listened a lot of songs represents sadness of a person who is kicked out. But this song argues that a person who kicks somebody out can feel sad, empty, void and distressing too. Thanks to this kind of lyrics, the band gained the sympathy of the crowd. Let’s listen the song!





Requests For Encores Forbidden_ Broccoli you too?

We can’t
We can’t sing a song again that’s already finished
Even if you say that’s what everyone wants
Don’t make me miserable any more
If you’re just pretending to grab onto me
End it here

Please don’t make my heart waver
Don’t make me look at you
I know that it’s a lingering attachment
That will pass me by as though nothing happened

Although we said love each other,
We can’t recall that time and mind
Which couldn’t be revisit again.

Are you miserable yourself
When you say ‘It should be you’
Then, Imagine how was I


1 comments:

Adriana said...

Thank you for the lyrics translation! I love this song and I like it even more now that I know what it means!

Post a Comment