Nov 11, 2009

Want something exotic?





Hi, this is Cait_Sith again….I wanted to try something exotic, so I asked my friend about unusual food here. Have you heard of Bontaegi, sundae and bochintang (Gosh, I don’t know how to write this words in English spelling, sorry)?
Bontaegi is butterfly’s cocoons. It looks really nasty….and the smell is horrible. It killes me…I can smell it being several meters away from the place where this food is sold…I saw girls eating these “bugs” as if they were just chips….I did not dare to taste it, but lots of my friends who ate it said that the taste was as horrible as the smell. May be you will find it delicious…..
The second food is sundae. Well, I eat it before I knew what it was made of. Just so you know, sundae is a type of Korean sausage made of pigs’ guts, blood and rice (as my friend explained)….To me it was eatable, but I gotta say, the taste itself was kind of weird…
Have you heard of bochintang?? It’s a traditional Korean soup made of….DOG’S MEAT….People usually eat it in hot summer days, cause eating hot makes feel cool when coming out…Dog’s meat is believed to be a good nutritious product especially good for men’s health. I don’t know whether it’s true or not…I did not eat it as well and I would not recommend it to you…The point is that for some reasons dog meat is illegal in Korea. Nobody really knows about it, but it is true. Therefore, there are no sanitary regulations, which means that the soup you order might contain some “bad things” and be dangerous.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanna try some sundae...

Meerkat said...

I'll feed bontaegi to you. kkk

Meerkat said...

What is on the picture? I can't recognize clearly.

cait_sith said...

It's 제육 and sundae.....

Post a Comment